first day


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » West » Madaba
June 11th 2007
Published: June 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

our houseour houseour house

here is a shot of our house from down below
I have been awake for 36 hours and the theme of the day has been waiting. The first plane left Toronto 1 hour late for Paris and I still haden't met anyone from the trip. I ended up lodged between two sleepy people who took up more then their own space. However I got a lesson in wine from my french neighbour. The group ended up meeting in Paris, and waiting out the 7 hour wait together. As we landed in Paris the landscape looked very foriegn with its sand dunes and valleys. The group all lined up at the same line to enter Jordan. Yet none of us knew the address we were staying at but one, who had written it out on a little piece of green paper. So...every person who went up used the green paper and then handed it back in line. It was quite funny, and well even more so proably after being up for 30 hours. We were bused into Madaba which is 30 minutes outside the capital. Soon after arrival everyone went to sleep. At 4am I was awoken to the sound of singing and realized it was the call to prayer. One of the 5 done everyday. It was surreal and put a smile on my face after such an emotional day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb