Jordan - The Dead Sea - Day 22


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » West » Al Karak
October 5th 2007
Published: October 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Dead SeaThe Dead SeaThe Dead Sea

Bobbing around in Dead Sea - Jordan
The next day we drove south and visited Madaba where there is a church with an ancient mosaic map of the Middle East set in the floor and Mount Nebo from where Moses is reputed to have first seen the Promised Land. Then down through some magnificent scenery to the Dead Sea.

Ian wanted a photo of the vehicles set against the sea so we found a place where we could get down to the water. Camilla, Jeremy and I thought it too good an opportunity to miss and went for a ‘swim’. The water is so buoyant being 30%!s(MISSING)alt that you just sit on the top and bob about. We then showered off with our camping showers - garden sprays! Very useful.

We drove, again through the most beautiful wild countryside up to Karak where there is an enormous castle. We found accommodation at the Towers Castle Hotel - we had what the owner called his ‘house‘, 3 bedrooms, sitting room, bathroom and kitchen (not to be inspected too closely if at all!). But only JD17 per couple (about £12 for the night). We sprayed well, mattress too, and had a good quiet night there.



Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

The Dead Sea - Washing OffThe Dead Sea - Washing Off
The Dead Sea - Washing Off

Using the garden spray to wash off the Dead Sea salt - Jordan.


Tot: 0.385s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb