Amman - walking tour


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » North » Amman
December 8th 2008
Published: December 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We started the morning with a walking tour of Amman and the mosque behind our hotel which had woken us at 4.30am. Having seen a fair few mosques already this was nothing new or particularly special. We then walked back into the city centre and up to the citadel, which was more interesting, being a mix of different ruins from various periods.

We had an early lunch there before walking back up the long hill to the hotel. After a short break we split up again, half of us heading out to Jerash, a well-preserved Roman city some 45 minutes out of town.

I suppose it was similar to Palmyra - more buildings were preserved, but the setting was not quite as interesting. still, it took a good two hours to walk around.

After returning to the hotel the Syrian-group joined together to go out to the "Mecca Mall" a modern shopping mall in a newly developed part of the city. More Western food was consumed along with a visit to Starbucks, the last vestiges of various Syrian stomach bugs were still affecting some people.
We then returned to the hotel for more silly card games.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Jerash at sunsetJerash at sunset
Jerash at sunset

Temple of Artemis, Jerash


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0774s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb