in Jordan: the final destination


Advertisement
Jordan's flag
Middle East » Jordan » North » Amman
May 14th 2008
Published: May 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So, we finally made it to Jordan last night a bit after 7:00pm here and 12:00pm your time. We set our room up and went to bed. Class starts at 9:00am each day. This morning we had our first experiences with public transportation! The first was a bus, it was ok. We went to the vegetable and fruit market and were given a list of them in Arabic, with the pronunciations of course! That was an experience in itself. From there we went to the completely modern Mecca Mall. Wow, I am telling you this puts our malls to shame, including Circle Center. It is 4 or 5 levels high with tons of stuff, I believe there is also a movie theater. From there we came back to eat lunch and that is pretty much the end of our days here, from there we are free to do homework and have free time. We can pretty much go anywhere, but we have learned to know the area before venturing into a cab where the driver does not know English. We found after going back that we were completely over charged by the drivers. Yep, wonderful way to start the trip. In one ride we were charged 35 dinars, which is about $50.00. We agreed we shouldn't talk about it anymore, this makes it worse! So, we had another quick lesson on money and taxi meter reading after lunch. Hopefully this will not happen again😊 Anyhoo...I hope everyone is good. Our internet is touchy so pictures might not work....Don't forget to check my blog every now and then...messages are good to have, it makes me happy!

Advertisement



15th May 2008

Sounds like you're having a blast!
Hi Steph, It sounds like you're having lots of fun! I miss you and our lunches together! I hope you have loads of fun and stay safe!!!! Amber :)

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0733s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb