You Old Jaffa


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Tel Aviv District » Jaffa
December 21st 2014
Published: December 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Funny PlateFunny PlateFunny Plate

At least he knows what he is
Took Israeli transit into Tel Aviv today and visited the cute neighbourhood of Old Jaffa. This is a port city that lies on the Mediterranean Sea. It is here that Andromeda of the Greek myths was rumoured to be chained to a rock by her king father in order to appease Poseidon. Andromeda's Rock lies near a natural pier and is now marked by an Israeli flag. We strolled along the beach and visited some gardens. Several people tried to ask us stuff in hebrew today. Flattered that they think we're locals. One woman asked me something about the bus and another seemed to be asking Niklas for directions. Another was trying to sell me something at the bus station. How cute. Speaking of Jerusalem Central Station, we were quite impressed with a bakery we came across there. They sold pastries by the pound. We filled a bag with a bunch of yummy savory pastries and the lady who worked there weighed it and charged us just 23 shekels for the whole bag. Quite the deal. They tasted great. Israelis can give the French patisseries a run for their money. Like Niklas said, we'd probably get fat living here.

Tomorrow: holocaust history

Shalom


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

MediterraneanMediterranean
Mediterranean

First time in it
Random HippieRandom Hippie
Random Hippie

Can't see him well cuz Niklas was afraid to get closer. He was rocking out to Bon Jovi in his art studio by the sea.


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb