A Day at the Beach


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » South District » Ein Bokek
December 20th 2014
Published: December 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today is Rembrandt's birthday. Our little guy turns three years old. The day began with another scenic ride down route 90. This time we went south to the beautiful Dead Sea resort town of Ein Bokek. We had some spa treatments booked at the Shizen Spa at Daniel Resort. First we were massaged with Dead Sea salt and scented oils then wrapped up like mummies and left to marinate. After the exfoliating massage we were slathered with mud and wrapped up again. My skin never felt so soft. When our spa treatments were done we decided to take a dip in the indoor/outdoor pool filled with Dead Sea water. Took some time to get used to the buoyancy. The anti-gravity effect was pretty cool. We wrapped up our day in Ein Bokek with some floating around the Dead Sea itself. The water was nice and had a lovely smell. I was expecting to be cold but it was quite warm. We stopped for kebabs at the self-proclaimed lowest place on earth on our way home. It was a perfectly rejuvenating day.

We get two english channels on the hotel tv. We have Al Jazeera and Fox. This morning Al Jazeera reported on some recent tensions around the Gaza Strip. Not sure if that news even makes it home but, if it does, know that there is nothing to be concerned about. But for that news report, we'd be none the wiser.

Tomorrow: downtown

Shalom


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb