4th of July in Jerusalem


Advertisement
Published: July 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

4 July 2010
2138 (GMT +3)
Jerusalem, Israel

I don't really have much to add at the moment, just wanted to wish everyone a happy 4th of July. There's nothing that makes you appreciate home quite so much as spending a holiday like this abroad. Let's remember what this day represents.

But, it does give me the excuse to post some random pics from around town, and somehow I forgot to include pictures of the Western Wall in my last post. And here, we, go.

-MG



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

War CemetaryWar Cemetary
War Cemetary

There is a British WWI era cemetary on Mt Scopus. In the background is the Old City. See? I can be artistic sometimes.
AmphitheaterAmphitheater
Amphitheater

Looking out from this site on campus, in the background you can see the extend of East Jerusalem. Beyond that is the West Bank. Beyond that is the Dead Sea, and if you can see the hills all the way in the back, that's Jordan.
The Tilted TreeThe Tilted Tree
The Tilted Tree

A testament to the security measures here on campus. At this student cafe in 2002 a bomb exploded, killing nine and wounding another 80. This tree is a memorial. This is why security is tight in Israel.
The West BankThe West Bank
The West Bank

Seen from the campus. The wall you see - though controversial - has drastically reduced the number of terrorist attacks in Jerusalem since the 1990s.


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb