Friday, November 21


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Jerusalem District » Jerusalem
November 21st 2008
Published: November 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

The GalileeThe GalileeThe Galilee

The beautiful area around Lake Kinneret.
Shabbat shalom!

First I have a correction. I wrote in my previous entry that we were visiting Hevron and saw the Hezbollah nest. Hezbollah is based in Lebanon, and is also very against Israel. What we saw was HAMAS' terror nest. Hamas is based right here in Israel, and concentrated in Hevron. My apologies. Hamas is not any better than the other. They are both anti-Zion, anti-Israel, anti-Jew and Ephraim. They are both Muslim.

This morning Rob and Mitchel set out to explore Hezekiah's Tunnel in David's City, which is right outside the Dung Gate in the Old City. It was an exercise in trust for Mitchel as his Dad led him through the thirty minute hike in utter darkness, water up to Mitchel's bottom in some places and the rest of the time knee-deep. Some of the passage was only 16-18 inches wide, Rob reporting that he had to turn sideways to get through. They did it, and feel good about doing it. It was a good opportunity for building courage for Mitchel, and tender guiding on Rob's part. Susie opted not to even attempt the Tunnel as it isn't recommended for those who have claustrophobia.

Instead,
In HevronIn HevronIn Hevron

This is the way a horse is fed in Hebron!
Susie and Candi Runyon joined the other Israeli women in the shopping scurry. As the Sabbath day begins this evening the stores all close as well as restaurants, so whatever will be needed for the twenty-four hour period must be obtained before shops close. We will have erev (evening) Shabbat in our B&B with Candi and Ron, and then tomorrow with others who have remained after the tour. Our B&B has a dining area that we have been told that we can use, so we will have time for reading Torah together, time for midrashing (sharing insights/teaching) and time for some eating. We will have nuts, cabbage salad, apples, persimmons, challah - of course (bread), some yummy specialty cheeses, olives, and a few baked sweets. All of these were baked or prepared by the people in the city around us. So many were out today as they shopped for the weekly celebration. Candi and I both agreed that we could easily join this population of wonderful people. Love it! By about three o'clock the traffic thinned, the sidewalks got quieter, and shopkeepers locked their doors.

I have added a few pictures that aren't related to the things I've written
Mt. CarmelMt. CarmelMt. Carmel

In memory of Elijah who smote the prophets of Ba'al - the version of all gods who seek to bind the souls of men from the Living G-d even today. 1 Kings 18
in this entry directly, but thought it would be fun to let you see a couple more of the gazillion things we've seen!
Love to all of you, and may your hearts be prepared before the King as you enter His Sabbath! Amen! Shabbat shalom.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Mitchel's findMitchel's find
Mitchel's find

Mitchel is the winner at spotting "critters" in the Land. He saw this preying mantis on a tank just before Rob was about to grab the same place! How 'bout those bugs, Cousins!!!


23rd November 2008

Hello!
I just got on to look at pictures again and wanted to tell you I miss you!!! Not that I want to rush your trip for you but am excited to see you again soon. And to be honest quite selfishly want to hear ALL about your trip and well right now would be good for me!! :) Hope your last few days are as full of wonder and joy as the first. Praying for your ability to remember everything so you can share!! Love You

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb