The holy land


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Haifa District
May 20th 2012
Published: May 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

where can I start except to say spectacular! such a different place and so memorable.

Our guide picked us up at 9am, we headed to Nazareth, then on to the Sea of Galilee. We went to lots and lots of places where events such as the sermon on the mount were held. The landscape was amazing.

From there we decided that we'd like to head to the dead sea to swim, a 2 hour drive but it was really worth it, a huge highlight for the kids.

On the way we crossed into Jordan, Palestine and no-mans land - still full of landmines. We drove through the desert and the temperatures skyrocketed. We saw the recently opened Baptismal site in no mans land. The landscape looking into Jordan was just amazing, none of my photos do it justice at all.

We eventually got back to the ship at 8pm, after our guide insisted on buying Kasey a birthday cake on the way back.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



13th June 2012

Sea of Galilee
Another surreal image of you all....in Israel! Wow! Was just showing a modern day photo of the Sea of Galilee to 3/4H in Scripture yesterday, with luxury speed boat on the water and all!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 31; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb