Summary of what I have been up to the last couple of weeks:
- I went to a beautiful beach half an hour drive south from here. It was a privat beach in a bay with clear blue water. Very nice.
- Me and Roee went on a daytrip to the beautiful old city Acco. We walked through the streets of Acco, went shopping in the market and ate hummus at Hummus Zaid, which is known as the best hummusplace in Israel. And the hummus was amazing, it was warm, fresh and so cheap!
- I also went on a weekend trip with Roee to Zippori. We stayed in a 'zimmer' and went hiking to a national park with displays of ancient mosaics.
- During the week just mentioned there was a jewish holiday yet again, Sukkot. This is the last one until Hannuka in December.
Sukkot is a 7-day festival where the jews make a 'booth' outside, the booth is called a sukkah. There are four walls and the roof should be made of leaves so that u can see the sky. During Sukkot the meals are eaten in the sukkah. The sukkahs are to remember
the time the jews wandered through the dessert for 40 years. The inside of the sukkah is normally decorated with paperdecorations and lights. A little like a christmas tree.
- I've been back in school for two weeks already. I'm loving it! I'm studying hebrew parttime at the university, this means from monday until thursday I have two hours of hebrew lesson. The teacher is amazing and just what I need to improve my spoken hebrew. I signed up for one semester so I'm staying in school until end of december.
- Im also auditing a class called 'Media in War and Crisis'. I don't know much about the topic and that is why I chose it.
- I started going to the gym - 3 times a week - including bellydancing lessons. This is a lot of fun and a great place to practice my hebrew aswell.
Hope you are all doing well too!
Tot: 0.405s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1137s; 1; m:apollo w:www (22.214.171.124); sld: 2;
; mem: 6.5mb