I've arrived!


Advertisement
Israel's flag
Middle East » Israel » Haifa District » Haifa
September 6th 2005
Published: September 6th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I left Chicago very early on Sunday morning and flew out of O'Hare for Newark. There I met nearly everyone from my particular group of overseas students and we then traveled together on a long flight to Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv. By the end of our flight, I felt like I knew the other 13 people on Carmel surprisingly well. Everyone seems very nice. My roommates from the overseas department are three girls named Jessica, Dina, and Ilana. We will also have two Israelis living in our suite, but they are yet to have arrived. From the airport we took a chartered bus to the University of Haifa, where our year really began. Our first day was filled with unpacking, settling in, and welcomes from a lot of different people we will be working with over the next months. Eventually, we all collapsed into bed and slept well.
Today was also packed with welcomes, and in addition, lots of tours--first the campus and then the city of Haifa. We walked around the marketplace for quite a while and bought all of the necessaries for dorm life success. The University, and actually, all of Haifa is built on the slope
First dinnerFirst dinnerFirst dinner

We cooked pasta!
of Mount Carmel. At the foot is the Mediterranean Sea. Tonight we went to the beach for some more welcomes and a bonfire at which we cooked potatos--I guess it's a common bonfire activity here.
Having been here only 40 hours or so, I am not quite over jet lag yet, which means that I am off to bed. Good night!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

BonfireBonfire
Bonfire

At the shore of the Mediterranean


6th September 2005

Mems!
Hey Mar Mar! Our house is already lonely without you here... first day was fine, im on information overload, : ) Miss you like crazy!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb