Ahoy there Maties


Advertisement
Europe
September 20th 2006
Published: September 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Arrived safely in Athens found a room (or closet) is probably closer to the size.

We headed into town for a bit of dinner. Whilst chatting with all the other tourists (yes we have become quite Mr and Mrs Popularity over here) we were interrupted by a huge storm lightning thunder and torrential rain. We both had a flash back to our wedding day so the honeymoon must be going along the same track.

We managed to drag ourselves away from our new fan club and got some sleep in for our busy day ahead.

We did a bit of a reccy in the morning to organise train tickets and where we had to be and when. Once the business side was completed we headed to the Acropolis. It was quite spectacular to be there. We're not quite sure how they built the thing but it is truly a magnificent thing to see. It took me a couple of hours to drag Chris away from the statues that were showing there peepee's she couldn't stop pointing and laughing very embarrassing.

We checked out the other sites which included an ancient city, the Roman Agora, the Olympic Stadium where the first Olympics was held and the Temple of Zeus. The temple had columns 17 metres high and it had 104 of these columns, it took 700 years to build (only slighty longer than Stonewood Homes)

It was a hellish day of heat and walking but when you think of the history you are seeing it is mind blowing. We felt we did all we needed to do in Athens so it was up packs and back on the road. This time off to Bari in Italy. This involved a train ride on a beautifully decorated (graffittied) train and now as we write to you we are sailing across the adriatic to the land of Pizza and Pasta and Pickpockets. Already Chris has enlisted the help of a friendly waiter to teach her some greek (a little late if you ask me but whatever works).

Well that's us for another chapter, thanks mel for the regular comments anyone else who wants to speak may if anyone else is still reading.

Write again soon.

Chris and Chris

Advertisement



21st September 2006

Hi travellers,
Hi Chris and Chris, just letting you know that baby is still behaving itself and hasn't come early just yet! Only 3 1/2 weeks to go so who knows when!! Am enjoying your updates and stoked you are having such an awesome time - can't wait to see the photos when you get back. Missing our Tuesday night chats Chris. Love you lots, Brenda.

Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb