Ah, Venice..!! Its Amazing!


Advertisement
Europe
April 13th 2015
Published: April 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Top 10 things to Visit in Venice, Italy :

1. Piazza San Marco ( St Mark's Square ) :

The Piazza is dominated at its eastern end by the great church of St Mark. Principal public square of Venice,Italy , where it is generally known just as "the Piazza" (la Piazza).

It is described here by a perambulation starting from the west front of the church (facing the length of the Piazza) and proceeding to the right.

2. St Mark's Basilica :

The cathedral church of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Venice,Northern Italy . It is the most famous of the city's churches and one of the best known examples of Italo-Byzantine architecture. It lies at the eastern end of the Piazza San Marco, adjacent and connected to the Doge's Palace.

3. Grand Canal :

It forms one of the major water-traffic corridors in the city. Public transport is provided by water buses (Italian: vaporetti) and private water taxis, and many tourists explore the canal by gondola. The banks of the Grand Canal are lined with more than 170 buildings, most of which date from the 13th to the 18th century, and demonstrate the welfare and art created by the Republic of Venice.

4. Doge's palace :

The Doge's Palace (Italian: Palazzo Ducale) is a palace built in Venetian Gothic style, and one of the main landmarks of the city of Venice in northern Italy. The palace was the residence of the Doge of Venice, the supreme authority of the former Republic of Venice, opening as a museum in 1923. Today, it is one of the 11 museums run by the Fondazione Musei Civici di Venezia.

5. Murano :

Murano is composed of seven islands, linked by bridges, separated by eight channels in the Venetian Lagoon, northern Italy. It lies about 1.5 kilometres (0.9 miles) north of Venice and measures about 1.5 km (0.9 mi). It is famous for its glass making. It was once an independent commune, but is now a frazione of the commune of Venice.

6. Rialto Bridge :

The Rialto Bridge (Italian: Ponte di Rialto) is one of the four bridges spanning the Grand Canal in Venice, Italy. It is the oldest bridge across the canal, and was the dividing line for the districts of San Marco and San Polo.



7. I Gesuiti ( The church of Santa Maria Assunta ) :

The church of Santa Maria Assunta, known as I Gesuiti, is a religious building in Venice, northern Italy. It is located in the sestiere of Cannaregio, in Campo dei Gesuiti, not far from the Fondamenta Nuove.

8. San Cassiano ( Church of Saint Cassian ) :

San Cassiano (Church of Saint Cassian) is a 14th-century Roman Catholic church located in the San Polo sestiere of the Italian city of Venice. The church is located on the Campo San Cassiano, site of the world's first public opera house, west of the Rialto Bridge and is open to visitors Tuesday-Saturday mornings.

9. Museo di Storia Naturale di Venezia ( Natural History Museum of Venice ) :

Natural History Museum of Venice, is a museum of natural history housed in Fondaco dei Turchi, located on the Grand Canal, Venice, Italy. Its collection is mainly based around the nature of the Venetian lagoon that surrounds the city. Today it is one of the 11 venues managed by the Fondazione Musei Civici di Venezia.

10. San Servolo :

San Servolo is an Italian island in the Venetian Lagoon, to the southeast of San Giorgio Maggiore. Recently, San Servolo has started hosting an annual international artist residency and has become the site for numerous exhibitions, festivals and performances.















































Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.294s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb