10 Most Beautiful Places You Must Visit Before You Die!


Advertisement
Europe
April 14th 2015
Published: April 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Here are 40 incredible places around the world that are definitely worth adding to your bucket list.

1. Bagan, Myanmar

Bagan is spirit of history of Myanmar. Bagan is an ancient city located in the Mandalay Region of Burma (Myanmar). Bagan today is a main tourist destination in the country's nascent tourism industry, which has long been the target of various boycott campaigns.

2. Zhangye Danxia Landform in Gansu, China

The Zhangye Danxia National Geological Park, also known as Zhangye Danxia (Landform) Geopark, is located near the city of Zhangye in China's northwestern Gansu province. It covers an area of 510 square kilometres (200 sq mi). Formerly a provincial park and scenic area, it became a national geopark in November 2011. Known for its colorful rock formations, it has been voted by Chinese media outlets as one of the most beautiful landforms in China.

3. Li River, China

The Li River or Lijiang is a river in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China. It flows 83 kilometres (52 mi) from Guilin to Yangshuo, where the karst mountains and river sights highlight the famous Li River cruise.

4. The Metéora, Greece

The Metéora is one of the largest and most important complexes of Greek Orthodox monasteries in Greece, second only to Mount Athos. The six monasteries are built on natural sandstone rock pillars, at the northwestern edge of the Plain of Thessaly near the Pineios river and Pindus Mountains, in central Greece. The nearest town is Kalambaka. The Metéora is included on the UNESCO World Heritage List.

5. Salar de Uyuni : One of the World’s Largest Mirrors, Bolivia

Salar de Uyuni, is the world's largest salt flat at 10,582 square kilometers (4,086 sq mi). It is located in the Daniel Campos Province in Potosí in southwest Bolivia, near the crest of the Andes and is at an elevation of 3,656 meters (11,995 ft) above mean sea level.

6. Santorini, Greece

Classically Thera and officially Thira is an island in the southern Aegean Sea, about 200 km (120 mi) southeast of Greece's mainland. It is the largest island of a small, circular archipelago which bears the same name and is the remnant of a volcanic caldera. It forms the southernmost member of the Cyclades group of islands.

7. Yosemite Valley, USA

Yosemite Valley is a glacial valley in Yosemite National Park in the western Sierra Nevada mountains of Northern California. The valley is about 8 miles (13 km) long and up to a mile deep, surrounded by high granite summits such as Half Dome and El Capitan, and densely forested with pines. The valley is drained by the Merced River and a multitude of streams and waterfalls including Tenaya, Illilouette, Yosemite and Bridalveil Creeks. Yosemite Falls is the highest waterfall in North America, and is a big attraction especially in the spring when the water flow is at its peak. The valley is renowned for its natural beauty, and is widely regarded as the centerpiece of Yosemite National Park, attracting visitors from around the world.

8. Machu Picchu, Peru

Machu Picchu is a 15th-century Inca site located 2,430 meters (7,970 ft) above sea level. It is located in the Cusco Region, Urubamba Province, Machupicchu District in Peru. It is situated on a mountain ridge above the Sacred Valley which is 80 kilometres (50 mi) northwest of Cusco and through which the Urubamba River flows.

9. Pamukkale, Turkey

Pamukkale, meaning "cotton castle" in Turkish, is a natural site in Denizli Province in south-western Turkey. The city contains hot springs and travertines, terraces of carbonate minerals left by the flowing water. It is located in Turkey's Inner Aegean region, in the River Menderes valley, which has a temperate climate for most of the year.

10. Rice Terrace Fields in Mu Cang Chai, Vietnam

Mu Cang Chai is a district of Yen Bai province, about some 300 km north of Ha Noi, in the northeastern region of Vietnam. The place is home to the H'Mong and Thai community. For the place being about 1000 meters above sea level, the steep hills make it almost impossible to grow rice fields like those in the delta. Thus local residences grow their own rice on the terraced fields, for the purpose of preventing water from flowing downhill.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb