Lest we Forget - November 11, 2014


Advertisement
Europe
November 11th 2014
Published: November 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The Crescent School Tour Choir and Families experienced many emotions today - but PRIDE as Canadians always permeated our experiences. We were proud to be part of 2 different ceremonies in Arras where the boys sang O Canada, God Save the Queen and In Flander's Fields. We were proud when French civilians happily exchanged poppies (they wear a blue cornflower as a symbol of Remembrance) and loved when we shared our 'Canadiana'. It was a proud moment for all of us to join the parade from the second ceremony as we walked through the streets of Arras to the Town Hall - the sea of red was outstanding. We were proud of Mr. O'Meara who acted as our speaker to honour and reflect two of the Canadian troops who sacrificed their lives for our freedom. The most special part was that they were both relatives of Mark and Mary Ellen Richardson. Mark, Mary Ellen and Steve allowed us to join their private moments to also honour and give thanks to Mark's great, great uncles. I was proud, when we entered into Vimy, when a French man came up to the boys and myself to thank us, as Canadians, for liberating the French in WW1. We were proud of the current day Canadian service men that joined us as we laid a wreath at Vimy. We were proud to be representing Crescent School and we do realize how fortunate we are to live in such a vibrant and safe country such as Canada. I am filled with pride and am grateful that we are ambassadors for Crescent School and for Canada. The boys will never forget.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.275s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb