Euro Extravaganza 2013


Advertisement
Europe
July 17th 2013
Published: July 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

About to have the craziest experience of my life, Monica and I are chomping at the bit to leave. In 20 days we will be Istanbul-bound from Toronto, and spending 88 days in the European continent to explore and build one hell of a photo album. The number "88" keeps hitting me in the chest and taking my breath away, neither of us have spend so much time away from home, especially in another continent! It's crazy, yet at the same time exhilerating, knowing that in just a couple weeks we are going to be living out of our new 60 liter packs for 3 months.

The preparation has been fun, (although I can't say that I feel fully prepared yet). Besides packs we bought some clothes meant to withstand long travel, including a $25 dollar pair of socks! That was a purchase that hurt. Figuring our route has been the most fun. We are mainly following the Eurail from Istanbul, taking a northerly route to Spain, and then a southerly route back to Istanbul. Travelblog.org has been an essential tool for figuring out sights to see, how to do this and that, and where to steer clear. The pictures of these places are drawing us in hardcore. I pray that we can make the money last for the whole trip!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb