Milano, Italy


Advertisement
Europe
December 28th 2011
Published: December 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Take off - LAX and 13 hours later via two planes we arrived in Milano, Italy. We never know what we are going to find. Our hotel is very nice, very European and modern. It only took us 45 min and two showers in the dark to figure out how to turn the room lights on! LOL. we got it now!

Weather is chilly but refreshing after the stuffy cabins of the airplanes.

As we headed out for our first adventure we stumbled across the PZA Del Duomo. Hundreds of people gathered around taking pictures It was amazing at night lots of holiday lights, looking forward to seeing it out of the travel fog and in the daylight hours. Our first shot of the square Christmas tree.

The streets are Beautiful cobble stone and very clean. Directions seemed to be a bit of a challenge for us last night. What seemed to be straight streets ended up being whinding roads and we have no idea where our night ended (going to blame that one on jet lag)several questions to local Itailians as to where we could find a taxi (all answers in fast italian - both of us looking at eachother...Huh just kept walking on dark low traffic streets until we stumbled across a taxi stand. Hooray. We made it back to the hotel for a blissful 10 hours of sleep?

We are now off for the next adventure. Hopefully the fog has been lifted and we can get our bearings.



Chao


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.414s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb