Poster Bandit Strikes Again


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
December 28th 2011
Published: December 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Innocently walking down the street Leslie ducks into a doorway and comes out at an usually high speed telling me to pick up the pace...I didn't even have to ask why, I knew the poster bandit struck again.

Today we thought we were brave and took the metro verses a taxi around, it is a 1/10th of the price and all locals take it. It only took us three try's to find the "tobacco stand" to buy our tickets then when we made it onto the metro there were no maps nor info on the stops. We had to ask two little teenage Boppers where to get off. Of course no one spoke English so it was like Charades... Very humorus.

Spent most of the day back in the duoma square where there is the largest church we haveevery seen. It is aka the fashion district. It is a lot like downtown New York. Thousands of people everywhere. Crowds everywhere you turn. No really our cup of tea. One one metro opps the wrong one off at next stop the back on another to get back to our hotel. Our concierge sent us done some bizarre dark ally's to find dinner in turn we opted out and stumbled across a little hole in the wall resturant. The front looks like a handful of tables they took us down this long corridor and it opened into this huge resturant. Apparently all of Milan locals hang out there, who knew, it was the best food of the trip yet. Fantasic table wine, pizza and pasta. Cheapest and best meal yet. Bonus was Leslie got yet another poster.



Tomorrow we are going to try and visit Lake Como via train. Hope it goes smoother than today's metro experience.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb