Berlin


Advertisement
Europe
June 15th 2006
Published: June 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hostel in BerlinHostel in BerlinHostel in Berlin

This is a shed (i think) just outside our hostel in Berlin.
After a restless night in the airport, we caught our very early flight to Berlin. Turns out that the hostel we booked was a bit further out of the city than originally thought and it took a bit of time getting there.

We're actually out of the city and right next to this forrest area in the Grunewald region which is actually quite beautiful. It's quite a change from the hustle and bustle of Paris to a quiet green environment which we are both appreciating.

We decided to just take it easy and wonder around this place a little and go into the city tomorrow, so we went for a 'short walk' in the forrest within which are hostel is located. There are a heap of walking paths nearby, so we just picked one and started wondering. Prolly would have been a good idea to leave some breadcrumbs as we soon realised that we had no idea how to get back to the hostel. We managed to find a Schloss (castle) and a river in the meantime and it took us a good 2 hours to find our way back - which we managed to do before dark thankfully!
ForrestForrestForrest

A piccie of the forrest for which we wondered around in for about 3 hours - it was pretty for the first hour and after that not so much...
Men just can't seem to ask for directions in any country!! Sheesh!

By the time we got back, we were just in time to chill out in the reck room and watch a bit of the football - England vs errrhh... I forget, but they won, so there you go. I have never watched so much football in my life! Plus we have a number of crazy Swedes who are staying here as well and were off to their match last night in Berlin - thankfully they won too so there were a few sore heads the next day.

We made some friends with an American couple - Dustan and Emily - and we're going on a walking tour of Berlin tomorrow with them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

SalvationSalvation
Salvation

After much backtracking, I'm not afraid to admit that our salvation was McDonalds!! (located just down the road from our hostel)


Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0577s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb