Paris Day II


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 14th 2006
Published: June 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The LouvreThe LouvreThe Louvre

Outside the Louvre trying to find a way in - which we eventually found through the Pyramid - woops, blonde moment number 1 so far...
After another hot European night, we headed out to the Louvre. And no, to all you Da Vinci Code lovers, we did not follow the Rose Line and chuck a Tom Hanks. The museum was packed throughout, notably around the Da Vinci piece the Mona Lisa - though you can't take photos of this anymore and I'm sure I was able to a few years ago - I guess it makes them more money to make people buy a the picture from the shops!

Any-who, we also had a squizz at the Venus de Milo - of which James was not very impressed, and we did have a look at some great Greek and Roman classical sculptures. From the Luvre we decided to go for a wee-wonder, but it started to rain so we headed back to the hotel but not before trying out the French patisseries along the way - hmmm, good donuts!!

As I had booked a cheap flight via Easyjet to Berlin the next day, I didn't realise at the time that all the buses and trains to the Paris Orly airport did not start until much later than we needed. Thus, we decided to be
The Louvre  IIThe Louvre  IIThe Louvre II

Cupid and Psyche - don't they look romantic?
tight-arse again and headed to the airport that night to have a little sleepover until we had to check in at 445am. We got there and found that they normally close between 1230 and 330am and were afraid that we would have to sleep outside in the rain, but a security guard took pity on us and let us upstairs to the lounges where we tried to sleep until check-in.

See, the French aren't that bad when you get to know them!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Hotel Comete ElevatorHotel Comete Elevator
Hotel Comete Elevator

This is the elevator to the 7th floor to get to our hotel room in France - it could barely fit both of us & our packs!
Hotel Comete ElevatorHotel Comete Elevator
Hotel Comete Elevator

Thelma & Louise shot from inside the elevator


Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb