Day 23 - Rome to Florence


Advertisement
Europe
August 19th 2011
Published: August 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today was another driving day. Today we drove, stopped, drove and stopped again when we made it into Florence. We had to go up the top of the hill that overlooks Florence as we were meeting a photographer up there for her to take our group photo. After this we headed down in to Florence for our Leather and Gold and Silver talk. This aussie guy gave us a 10 or so minute talk about being able to pick the difference between real and fake leather. After this we had some free time to walk around and do whatever we wanted. Mary and I split from the group but met up with Chris and Jim in H&M so we had lunch with them. After lunch Mary and I went walking around the area taking photos and in search of a hairdresser. After walking round for about 2 hours we couldn't find one so we started to head back toward our meeting point where we ran into the Aussie guy that did the leather demo. We asked him if he knew where one was and he was like "yeah, there is one around that corner". Grrr, we spent ages searching for one.
All i wanted was my fringe cut and it took like 5mins and only cost me 5euro. Bargain. And we made it back to the metting point in plenty enough time to meet everyone.
We got picked up by Derek and made our way to our hotel to get ready for dinner.
Dinner tonight was a Tuscan one. We got driven out there. The food was delicious and there was so much of it. There was 8 people per table and our table went though 5 bottles of red wine as well as a few other drinks. While we were eating there was this guy singing who looked and sung like a cross between Meatloaf and Jack Black. He was very good doing voer songs. After dinner Derek dropped us off at a club called Space.
Space was good. And most of the group came out so even better. There was anther Contiki group there when we got there too but we brought the party. They had kareoke at first which was cool then upstairs opened into a club playing alot of chart music which was a nice change to the normal just club music.
We were hear for hours. Everyone got pretty drunk, some more so then others. Lisa (LA) was up on stage for what she thought was a wet tshirt contest and it ended up being a no tshirt contest. Amusing. The other Lisa and Jess were gone, out the front in all sorts of trouble. I caught a cab back with Michael, Courtney, and two others at just before 3am.
Fun times.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb