Madrid


Advertisement
Europe
June 4th 2011
Published: June 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

~Madrid.
The entirety of my experience of Madrid was was chilling around town, checking the cool sights, having some alone time, and then a slow intro into a small culture shock. For the first time I realized that I didn't really speak Spanish. Hahaha. I didn't mind much in fact I enjoyed the challenge. I really want to learn Spanish now. I ended up at one point chilling at this place called Plaza Del Sol right in the middle of town. Two guys ended up talking to me a while, were like, let's go for a drink! Well, don't think I'm a horrible person but I stayed and talked for a while, I had an orange fanta then I left an was like, hostel time! Haha, you might say I used them, I say, they offered a drink, I said yes, and I have absolutely no obligation to anyone to do anything I don't want to (in THAT sense) so I carried on with life.

In the plaza, there was something going on, I'm not sure what it was tho. There was some kind of tent thing with bikes lazing about an a good food stock plus a multitude of spanish protest signs on the ground.

There was not much totally blog worthy that happened in the middle but I have to say, the two most memorable things that happened both on the last night. 

Pub crawl. Need I say more? 10 sangrias, 3 shots, and a beer. Let's just say, I fell asleep in a hug and on a toilet. I was sooo tired! I was hanging with two of my girls the majority and we had some fun just dancing and waking from one pub/bar/club to the next. Neato. I am still a good girl.

The other thing that happened, honestly was much cooler. There was a protect going on in Madrid. I figured out that that's what those tents and stuff were in the plaza del sol. From a tent and signs to a few days later, the entire square was packed with people protesting, cheering, screaming, people sitting on scaffolding, and someone cutting a big advertisement that was around a building. I just walked through it and you could feel the intensity and passion in the air! I pretty much wanted to join in but thought you know, considering all the riot police hanging around ready for action I thought best to move on. Hahaha, really? No. I wanted to stay so bad it was epic!! 

In conclusion, spanish, friendly people, riots, lingering drunkenness, and three hours of sleep sum up my experience in Madrid. 😉

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0699s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb