Almost done


Advertisement
Europe
October 26th 2010
Published: October 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We had a wonderful and restful time at Paul and Debbie´s house in Sierra do Piscarea. Memorable times were the magnificent sunsets from the terrace, the wild wild waves of Praia do Sago, sundaylunch of Cozido at ´Ó Auzol´, the charming hilltop town of Obidos,´Shrimps in Garlic´, sunbathing and swimming Sao Martino ......and of course the company of old friends, 2 of whom we took to Lisbon airport and two more who left to brave the strikes and revolts of france en route for Calais. Now we are two!
Tom and I stayed for a couple of days in Potrugal, then ventured into the hinterland of Spain. What sights we have seen! Forests,plains, mountains, vineyards and scrubland with huge precarious boulders eruptingfrom the ground.We have seen Kites and eagles. boar in oak forestsand black cattle roaming the grassland.
We went to Salamanca which was utterly magnificent and a very happy place to be . Yesterdaywe found a magical village called Covarrubias south of Burgos. Our small hotel was cheap and typically Spanish and the people were friendly. We sat on our terrace in the warm October sunshine drinking tea with only the mew of buzzards to diturb the silence. Later had a drink in the only bar open, full of hams on hooks and old men throwing their peanut shells on the floor. Thismorning it was frosty - have to wear shoes now!!
Today we are in Bilbao....very exciting!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



30th October 2010

Safe journey
Sounds like you have had a great time. Looking forward to seeing you.

Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb