Euro Steve’s top 10 European Hostels


Advertisement
Europe
March 10th 2005
Published: March 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Euro Steve’s top 10 European Hostels

1) Salzburg, Haus Christine. 10/10. It is about a 4 minute train ride outside the city but it's only $1.70 Euro to get there. Well worth it and the train runs about every 45minutes. The family is friendly, the rooms are cozy, the food is great, and the view is worth every penny. Very clean and peaceful.

2) Budapest, Red Bus hostel. 9/10. A good place to stay, they have good breakfast, private rooms and dorm rooms. All the staff speak English and are very helpful. Central, downtown location, they have internet that you can use for very cheap. Clean and Spacious. I give it 8 out of 10.

3) Amsterdam - Stayok 8/10 One of the most popular Amsterdam Hostels, well maintained and close to the train station and the main areas of towns. But you need to book at least 3-4 weeks in advance, as it is very busy. Most guests are North Americans and there are not too many big groups, but some of the rooms are a little crowded.

4) Brussels - SleepWell 8/10 Reminds me very much of a hotel, and is a great place to meet people in the main area. The north train station is very close to the hostel and is about a 10 minute walk from the main square. Very relaxing feel to the place and the bar in the basement which is open on weekends is the cheapest drinks I could find in central west Europe.

5) Luxembourg -Youth Hostel 7/10 Summer 2004 it was going though big renovations, but the new areas look really nice. Other then the 20 minute walk or so to the hostel, the hostel main area closing at 11:00 and the big hill you have to climb to get to the main town, it is one of the best places I ever stayed at. It will becme on of the nices
hotels in Europe summer 2005 when the Renovations are done.

6) Leipzig - Sleeping Lion 7/10 Very unknown hostel, but very close to the main stations and the main square. Friendly staff and nice, well-kept rooms, and it's not a very crowded hostel. About the only thing holding back this hostel is the city itself, which is not known
for tourists but is still a very interesting town to visit.

7) Amsterdam - The Flying Pig Downtown is right in the busy centre of Amsterdam and is known for it'slaid-back atmosphere. It is just a 2 minute walk fro Central station. The Flying Pig has an age restriction, no one under 16 and above 40 years of age.

8) Vienna - K.&T. Boardinghouse is a family run guesthouse located in the heart of a main shopping street. Very Important your arrival time is known, so the family can work around you.

9) Berlin - Houseboat Berlin yes it is a Houseboat, very cool place, no big partys and no small kids do to safty. But it is close to every thing you need.

Number 10 is East Europe and was more of an experican then any thing!!! that is why it is in my top 10.

10) Kosice(slovakia) - Domov Mlades (Youth Hostel): A cheap place to stay, less than $15 for two people for two nights, so a great deal, but no breakfast and a little dirt in the rooms. A very short walk to downtown. 6.5/10 ((( Warning ))) This is in eastern Europe, if it was in western Europe it would be a 4/10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb