In the beginning - - - Finally !


Advertisement
Europe
March 30th 2006
Published: April 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I hope my creative writing skills are up to the task. Believe it or not, finding internet access has not been as readily available as we expected. We spoke of bringing along a notbook but decided against it. Lesson learned, - - wireless access seems to be everywhere. Actually this entry is being made on Monday, April 10, because of the availability of access. One issue is I finally found an English keyboard. I tried a couple times earlier when I had access but the Turkish keyboard, set to English, would revert back to Turkish and create a bunch of gibberish. Must be the real meaning of computer power.

I also forgot to bring along on this portion of the roadtrip, (Selchuk, Istanbul, Safron Bolu, Ankara, Toz Golu, Uchisar, and Goeme) the card reader to upload photos. They will have to wait a couple more days. And there are lots.

Turkey is a fantastic place. So many different geographies and geologies but it is a large country and we have seen so little. Turkish people are about the most hospitable I have met. Even the vendors in the bazaars. Mind you, the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul is another world all to itself and the vendors are much more agressive. Some are pretty humourous about it though recognizing people can only by so much and not everyone is wanting a carpet.

It is very apparent that this is a country undergoing great economic and social change and it is so vibrant and exciting. You can feel it in some places. The girls, (Heather & Beth) have noticed the first obvious change since their vist two years ago. Prices are up. Perhaps not the travel bargain it was, it is still relatively inexpensive, and I bet if one wanted to they could still travel "on the cheap" but we're not quite so young anymore and desire a few hostel upgrades. It's an exciting place.

You know I am not particularly excited or impressed by things but, I have to say it again, Turkey is incredible. Truly exciting and impressive. And safe & secure.

So this first note is just to explain why nothing earlier, apologize for no pictures, and to tell you I will do another entry soon, set up as a day by day diary.

The diary might be a little long but probably better than giving you 9 or 10 messages on your computer all at once. This blog also has a picture gallery in addition to the photos attached to each blog entry. I'll check out how to access the gallery and let you know.

You won't believe the sights I've seen ! ! - - - awesome.

Advertisement



10th April 2006

wow
I am so enjoying your journal cannot wait to see the pictures
10th April 2006

oh dad told you they were nice
13th April 2006

12/04/2006
Hey you guys.. Keep it coming .. totally enjoying the updates.. Send pics.. Hope all is good..

Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.018s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb