TEGERNSEE


Advertisement
Europe
July 1st 2010
Published: July 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 29th June
Time to move on today and go to Tergensee - dinghy terroritory. 6 hour drive so more sleep for me so I don’t have to see the high speed journey down the autobahn. Cant believe how much we are both missing work ! not ! - Got here around 3.30 full erection by 5pm and off to explore surroundings in the car. Cycle in to town looks good for tomorrow , nice esplanade down by the lake. Chilling at camp restaurant this evening - 32 degrees today - too hot to move.

Weds 30th June

Didn’t get up till 10 am - have to get up when its too hot , went out for a drive in the car - despite Steve saying this is not going to be a supermarket we went in search of you’ve guessed it ‘ a supermarket’ managed to find one hiding in the without any false legs !! Took the supplies back to the tent and packed the coolbag and stools etc as we could make lunch when we found a nice spot to eat . We ended up in Austria ! - stopped in parking bay and walked up a little track next to the river . Set down the stools and appeared to have disturbed a colony of something as they all flew up in the air. Typical of all the forests in the whole of Bavaria I have decided to set down the picnic next to s***t that 100s of flies were enjoying for dinner.
Moving swiftly on we moved further downstream to make a Scottish salmon salad ‘ good german fayre’ and some kase ,schinken mit brot - which sounds ultimately more romantic than a ham and cheese butty! Came back to the tent to chill for rest of the afternoon , played with a bag of games from Tesco - your imagination can run as wild as you want , however this bag contained a Frisbee , some bats and balls and a shuttlecock - I said a shuttlecock !!
Fajitas made for tea with a nice bottle of german red wine and a film to finish off the evening.


Thursday 1st July
Another lazy start to the morning, but cycling is on the agenda today. Cycled to Bad Weissee , down the river - passed our caravanning neighbours who have a dog that does not seem to like Steve for some reason as whenever he turns up he barks like mad. Stopped by the riverside in a lovely park for ein bier und ein radler , lunch was schinken mit brot and kase mit brot ( those who were concentrating will now know what that means) . I mentioned a boat ride around the lake so we hired an electric motor boat for an hour to catch some rays. Cycled back to campsite back down the river ( about 10 miles today) not bad in 90 degrees. Chilled out reading at tent watching the world go by , then cycled in to Rottern Egern for tea - the menu was all in german so anyones guess again Steve bootled it and went for Trilogy Vom Lambb - so that will be three types of lamb then - I worked out correctly it was lamb ste, roast lamb, lamb cutlets with fine green beans and ratatouille of veg with a rosti potato - these O levels do come in useful after all , I also know how to find the town hall and ask for a cup of coffee, a mixed ice cream with cream and how to go straight on - but still haven’t found Lumpi - for those who don’t understand the Lumpi comment see me after class. Cycled back to tent for a swift glass of wein before bed - pack up tomorrow to go to Switzer;land.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0598s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb