Leg 1 Cologne - Tergensee


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Tegernsee
June 29th 2010
Published: June 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Friday/Saturday25th/26th
Stopped in Hull for tea - on last minute as always - last check in 7.30 we made 7.35 and ended up being security searched - apparently as long as you have no animals or deadly weapons you are OK so the 15 illegal immigrants in storage boxes and the 4kg grade 1 uncut crack cocaine were fine !!!! Absolutely gutted - cheesy cabaret on boat replaced by football on big screen

No probs getting free of the port but good job we had sat nav to warn us of a 77 min delay. Arrived without a speeding ticket for once and have a good pitch at the side of the Rhine - We are the only English in the village - think we may be watching the football in our tent tomorrow!. Chilled out at tent - had our pre prepared spag bol then went for a walk where I thought it would be a good idea to lie on the grass and study the trees , however when my head started to sting I realised I had lay down in a clump of nettles !!!!! we had done so well.
Went to camp bar to watch last half of football seems like the Germans were supporting the Ghanians don’t understand why they weren’t behind the Yanks !!.

Sunday 27th June

Another lovely day about 30 degrees we are off for a cycle ride into Cologne - only 7km away down the banks of the Rhine. Got in to Cologne around 12ish , wandered round the cathedral , german fans everywhere with painted faces, flags and vuvezelas - couldn’t find an outside TV but too hot anyway - all bars had best seats reserved so we headed back to RodenKirchen where we managed to find some seats right next to the TV - the witer soon realised we were English and started to discuss corelines and penalties - needless to say we weren’t very popular when we scored our first goal - one womans eyes nearly popped out of her head when Steve started screeching. Anyway we survived - shit game anyway - we need to invent a new sport that we are actually good at. Had a very german tea - curry wurst and weinerschnitzel before cycling back to campsite and chilling with beer at side of river.


Monday 28th June
Out in the car today for a drive further afield - found a large lake with a cycle path all the way around it about 30, miles - luckily most of it was fenced off and we could only do 7 miles! - Steve reckons he saw an eagle but he cant see the butter in the fridge so Im not sure how accurate that is ! Went back via supermarket to replenish supplies and get some fresh food in - just stood in the ‘water’ aisle when Steve was shouted over by two people to help. Some larger than average lady had slipped on the floor and needed help to get up .
Eventually when Steve came back he said he thought she had broken her leg as it was twisted the wrong way - however as they helped her up it fell out from her trousers. I know its not funny but you have to have a mild chuckle as to why these things always happen to us! BTW for all those concerned amongst you we did spot her in the car park afterwards and there seemed to be no lasting damage.



Tuesday 29th June
Time to move on today and go to Tergensee - dinghy terroritory. 6 hour drive so more sleep for me so I don’t have to see the high speed journey down the autobahn. Cant believe how much we are both missing work ! not ! - Got here around 3.30 full erection by 5pm and off to expore surroundings in the car. Cycle in to town looks good for tomorrow , nice esplanade down by the lake. Chilling at camp restaurant this evening - 32 degrees today - too hot to move.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb