Next...


Advertisement
Europe
February 7th 2010
Published: February 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

RockanjeRockanjeRockanje

Though cold and gray, still a nice relaxing walk on the beach
Abbenbroek 7 February

The bed and breakfast, the Overtuin, in Amerongen was great. Quiet, well appointed and central to what we needed to do both on our second day and later in the trip. Fresh bread was waiting in a basket on the terrace when we got out of bed. A quick visit to our friend Erik Ackerman of his wonderful art, manual therapy, and we both feel as good as new..okay, we feel better!

After conducting some biz in Amerongen, we headed to friends in Zwijndrecht for a few days. Then it was off to more friends in Abbenbroek. There we had a gourmet evening with Indonesian food we had made. Great food, conversation and wine.

12 noon came early this morning! After a walk of a couple of hours on the beach at Rockanje, it was back for a dinner of erwtensoep and rookworst. That would be Dutch split pea soup and smoked sausage for those without babblefish.

Tomorrow, we depart from our comfortable location in Abbenbroek to return to Zwijndrecht. We hope to hook up with friends in the area over the next few days...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.333s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb