Vacation 2010


Advertisement
Europe
February 3rd 2010
Published: February 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Amerongen, 3 February 2010...

The flight was uneventful except for the 4 year old Indian girl who screamed for what seemed like 6 of the 9.5 hours. Fortunately, there were lots of empty seats on the plane so that escape was possible. Why isn't there a sound-proof space called kiddy-class on each plane? On the up-side, we had German beer with dinner!!!

After the flight, everything went smoothly...until a few bags seemed to be missing. But wait, the test to see if anything was stuck on the conveyor belt showed that something was stuck!! Imagine that. A few minutes later, the last bag came down the belt so that we had all of our clothes and toys.

Next, the long walk to the car rental area was just that, long. It was well marked though, so that once we were on the correct level, just follow the signs to the companies with cars. Of course, our car rental company was located in the other terminal... So, after a bus ride to the other terminal, we got our rental car, a Fiat Punto, complete with A/C! Wow, great is that...there is snow on the ground here folks.

We started our journey from the airport in Frankfurt to the Netherlands in the car and progressed very well until we were near Koln. There the road widened and then narrowed again, for no apparent reason, other than to slow everything down at the stalled heavy truck on the side of the road. That took us an hour to navigate past at the blistering autobahn speed of 0 to 10 kilometers per hours.

By the time we arrived in our first night's stop, Amerongen, we had been on the move for around 24 hours. That said, we made it that far without major mishap and we have all of our fingers, toes and clothes! The bed and breakfast I had booked turned out to be a charming little place in the middle of town. Very convenient and comfortable. We will stop here again later in our stay.
Fotos coming...

Gerrie went right up and dropped off to catch up on the sleep she missed on the flight. I unloaded the car and re-parked it for the night. I then joined her. I can joyfully inform you that our eyelids have passed the leak test. We have decided to skip dinner for tonight and continued to sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0178s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb