Visits over


Advertisement
Europe
July 26th 2009
Published: July 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys. Hope you are all well. It has been a while as we have had my dad visit and then my friend Vicky over.

Dad landed in Krakow and we got him stright into a bar on the main square. The square with the horse and carts going round it and the street performers in the middle...........street performers with fire crackers.........can you see where this is heading!. Band, clatter, wallop. Two horses and a cart charge 200 meters at full speed into an outdoor cafe. No one was hurt that we know, dad and I were sat 4 bars down and it was really scarey. The waitress was shaking that much she dropped our beer on the table - dad was convinced it was the effect of the smile he gave her!.

Next day we went to Auschwitz and Birkenau (where you can still see the foundations of the two massive gas chambers). It is really moving and somber (as you would expect - except the family posing for a smily happy family snap!). So much information and the personal belongings - piles of hair and glasses and shoes. Birkenau was massive it held 250,000 at any one time. The conditions must have been hell on earth.

The next day we headed towards Slovakia and went to the salt mines. These mines are MASSIVE. We walked around for 3hrs and saw 1 percent of it. Into the walls statues have been carved and they are amazing. My frav was a 3d picture of the last supper. We had a beer in the cafe at the bottom - our lowest pint yet. After that we went onto the High Tatars mountains in north Slovakia. A really impressive mountain range and a large wine for 65p! I loved it.
We took the cable car up to the top 2634meters Lomnicky Stit. It is a cafe on the very top of the mountain with a walk way around it. We had a pint at the top and it was our highest pint yet. We got the cable car half way down then walked the rest - taking a de-tour as they had closed the path we were taking - helpfull!.

After all that we had a day off and went to a cafe to be snapped at by the rudest waitress in the world!. Then went on the Tatrabob. A Car thing on a track down a hill that you control the speed of - deceptivily fast but good fun.

Then we to the aqua park and dad fell asleep in the Herb room - I think he should get on in the house as I've never seen him so relaxed!. I want to know what herbs they were using.

Time to head back to Krakow for dad to fly out. First we took a raft ride down the Dunajec gourge and hired bikes to ride the 9km back. Scott showing off doing wheelies nearly had a crash!. Dad fly out after a lovely visit with good weather and wine. Maybe inspired to try the van thing - or at least hire one and try it out.

With dad gone we had a few days to get to Bratislavia to meet Vicky. We took a trip to the Spis castle and took part in a strange fun run from the car park to the caste. We set off at the same time as 4 other "runners" - and at our plod we beat them by a mile. Great castle though.

Bratislavia is a really nice chilled out place. Although the castle is under repair (suprise suprise) there is a nice feel but not a great deal to do - other then sample a few beers. Vicky flew in and we had the afternoon in town and tried snails for dinner. Just like carlic mushrooms really!.

The next day we headed out to Vienna (not venice as I kept saying!) only an hour on the train. We set off with Scott but he spent the day on his own and went back to Ducky in the evening. We stayed on and had a girly night out - I even stayed in a hotel with a spa bath - heaven.
I can not say enough about Vienna. I loved it (except the cost). The buildings are amazing, it is clean, calm and easy to get around. We spent the first day walking around the palace gardens and the evening having a lovely relaxing meal until the biggest storm blew up. Cafe parasel (thing!) flew everywhere plates and glasses flew off the tables. Really impressive.
The next day is was walking around the old town and then home via the caterman where we aquired the "windswept look" I'm sure there will be wind therapy in spas soon.

After that a days chill out and she flew back this morning. Tomorrow we head back to Vienna so making th emost of the cheap beer while we can.

Hope all is well with you. Keep the gossip coming as I love to hear from you.

Me and him xxx



Advertisement



28th July 2009

would u like anotehr visiter?!?!
Hey guys! a random one and totally say no if u want...just wondering if ur going to barcelona on ur travelsor have u dont that bit or r not doing it at all as im crap at geography!!! hope all is well and keep up the beer and the fun! kxxx
31st July 2009

Kim visit
That will be cool. We are planning on going to Barcelona but it wont be untill around Dec (as close as we can tell!) but yep visit that will be cool. Hope all is well. xxx

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb