Stockholm, Amsterdam, Paris, Barcelona


Advertisement
Europe
April 19th 2009
Published: April 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Irish barIrish barIrish bar

Irish band playing in Stockholm
The last couple days Brie was here to visit we went for a trip down to Stockholm. Although it was overcast the whole time, the weather was pretty warm, we only needed light jackets. As always Stockholm was a great place to hang out. We stayed on the old island of Gamla Stan which houses the castle, shops, and many narrow streets. It is in the middle of everything so we could walk everywhere we needed. We enjoyed the city, checked out the armory museum, some good music, and ate as cheaply as we could.

Once Brie left back for the states, I cuaght a plane from Stockholm to Amsterdam to meet up with Max and Alex who were visiting for a week from back home. We spent one night in Amsterdam and then trained off to Paris. Sitting across the aisle from us were some unbelievably annoying Americans. They were from Texas, so what can you expect.

Paris was a great city. We were blessed with perfect weather, which we took full advantage of. We spent a lot of our time near the Seine, checked out Notre Dame, the Louvre and ate a few kebab in baguette sandwiches.
Night streetNight streetNight street

Stockholm
We were supposed to take a train next to Barcelona, but 15 minutes before the train was supposed to leave we find out there is a strike and that we would be provided with a bus instead. It was a 13 hour overnight bus ride which wasn't very fun, but it was worth getting to the Spanish sun.

We arrived in Barcelona and met Patrick who was visiting us from his studies in Florence. We wandered around and found a random hostel. It was a very pleasant 23˚C but windy. We saw some great architecture, climbed the biggest mountain in the city, checked out a great Picasso museum, ate a a running Sushi bar, watched the Gophers lose their NCAA tournament bid, had some great sandwiches, cheap beer, fresh fruit, and loved the sun.

It made me really miss home being with all my friends again, I can't wait to get back now, only a few more weeks to go.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Bike ridingBike riding
Bike riding

in Amsterdam's Vondel Park
Typical CanalTypical Canal
Typical Canal

Amsterdam
Notre DameNotre Dame
Notre Dame

Vaulted arches
Notre DameNotre Dame
Notre Dame

Seine facing side
Eiffel Tower and SeineEiffel Tower and Seine
Eiffel Tower and Seine

Close to twilight
Notre DameNotre Dame
Notre Dame

night shot
Water on the MountainWater on the Mountain
Water on the Mountain

Barcelona, almost to the top
View of th cityView of th city
View of th city

From the top of the mountain - Barcelona
Waterfall stepsWaterfall steps
Waterfall steps

garden on the mountain
RosesRoses
Roses

pink
Street marketStreet market
Street market

The juiciest fruits and most savory meats
La Sagrada de FamiliaLa Sagrada de Familia
La Sagrada de Familia

A cathedral designed by Gaudí , will be completed in 2026.
Flying lionsFlying lions
Flying lions

park fountain
hotel stairshotel stairs
hotel stairs

the four of us


Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 38; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb