Trip to the Merry Bell !! (Meribel)


Advertisement
Europe
April 3rd 2009
Published: April 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

me helen and phil in apresme helen and phil in apresme helen and phil in apres

we are actually sitting inside and old gondola cabin inside the club.
So we've been off enjoying a few days off. But now we're back all the snow is melting !!! it's terrible but then again it is April and spring has definitely sprung around here. Which also means it will soon be time for us to head home .... but enough about depressing stuff like that what have we been up to?

We had a fun night in apres in Verbier - they opened the roof and it snowed in !! bet you're sorry you missed that jo and ross - we thankfully were down the other end so we didn't get too wet.

Amanda and i took an interesting chairlift ride the other day. It was a 6 person chair so we got on with these 3 guys who pulled out a bottle of champagne from their bag and insisted we share it with them - well it would have been rude not to really !!!

So on Tues night we went to Val d'Isere to stay with Jack and Alex and went out for some beers. Then we had to get up early to drive over to Meribel. We had a lovely day snowboarding and meeting up
apresapresapres

you can just see the roof is open.
with some people who've gone there from Verbier. It was just a bit late for driving home. Thankfully Alex and Phil managed to debate various different sporting heroes and who was better for most of the way home so their rambling managed to keep me awake! We were suppost to ski with Helen on Thurs in Val but the weather was terrible so we went shopping instead and Phil managed to walk away with a whole lot of new booty - boots, jacket and bag ( - all in the sales of course mum ! ) i was some what annoyed that i only got a pair of gloves out of it but i'm not bitter - honest!!! Sadly we had to leave those guys and come back to Verbier. Jack is heading off to USA to uni but Alex is planning a massive cycle tour to get him home at the end of the season so we might take a few days of our trip back to pace him as his support vehicle - actually Phil just wants to drive next to him and shout at him through the window while drinking beer etc !!

So phil is driver next week and has negotiated some time off in the middle of every day to go snowboarding so hopefully i'll have more pictures next time of us in the park and on the airbag.

F and P x x x






Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

jackjack
jack

lovely socks !
me and philme and phil
me and phil

yes that is a tea cup in my hand - someone had to drive us back to val !!


Tot: 0.273s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0892s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb