more snow !!!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Verbier
March 24th 2009
Published: March 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello,

so we're on our own again having bid a fond farewell to all our visitors.

Although Damo, Cathy, Jo and Ross might find it hard to believe after the 2 weeks of gloriously hot weather we've had it is now still snowing after putting down 5 inches of snow over night !!!! We'd started to forget what snow looked like and there's no walking around in a t-shirt.

So what have we been up to ......

first off we went to the Geneva motor show and looked at a vast amount of cars. After 4 hours of looking at cars i was a bit exhausted though Tom and Phil seemed to be enjoying themselves. I'll post some piccies of a few - Chris and Christian will be very jealous as there were some very beautiful vintage Morgans and some formula 1 cars - as well as Reanult cleos which some people were having their photos taken with????

First guests were Cathy and Damo - we did quite a bit of lessons on the snowbaords. Damo was really good but Cath struggled with .. well just about everything, though she did make a good camera woman. Better than that we went down the massive sledge run and it was as good as we expected. Cath you'll be pleased to know that i fixed nipper before Jo had to use it !!! They took us out for a lovely all unlimited raclette meal which is basically as much melted cheese as you can eat - they were even trying to force us to keep eating after we were stuffed !! After much fresh air and lots of physical exercise i think i exhausted them and i suspect they wanted a rest when they got home.

I picked up Jo and Ross from the airport on the same day as dropping Cath and Damo off which was handy and we headed back to the homestead. We managed a proper Apres ski night with them which involved much dancing on tables and shots of 'jaegermister'. They also had a little go at balancing on the boards but with only one morning to try it we didn't progress very far. Again the sledges were the favourite mode of transport of the trip i think !!! While they were here there was a freeride event called the Nissan Extreme - it's a tour of some really mad and dangerous mountain riding events. It's very popular and quite impressive to watch - so i dragged Jo and Ross up the mountain to see some of it going on. In the photo there's a massive peak behind the crowd - that's what the people are riding down on skis and snowboards right from the very top !! (they get a helicopter up there)

So it's very quiet now they have all gone, but the girls are appreciating a little more space!! we've not got much on for the next wee or so but i'll update soon.

take care

F and P x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb