Bad guys and blue birds


Advertisement
Europe
November 29th 2008
Published: November 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

What happened to the bad guys?What happened to the bad guys?What happened to the bad guys?

http://picnic.ciao.com/it
When travelling Europe through the movies it is of course possible - and maybe more fun - to watch movies from very opposite countries or very different movies the same night. The fourth stage of this movie trail trip gave us a glimpse of hope in the south italian countryside and then - by a road movie - we travelled those green weatherbeaten islands of the Faroe Islands(!).

Io non ho paura (Italian 2003, 108 mins)
This mafia version of La vita e bella (Life is beautiful) has quite a lot to offer. It's a slow pace movie set in a very picturesque landscape. As childhood innocence crashes head first into a - literally - dark hole, we're taken for a bloodstained journey where a young boy fights the local mafiosos. The kid actors performs admirably, and the imagery makes you want to jump on the next plane to South Italy. Be sure to keep an arms length to the bad guys though.


Bye bye blue bird (Faroe Islands 1999, 85 mins)
Leaving Italy behind, the Faroe Islands gives a rather dull welcome. After years abroad, two girls returns to their mother islands with some unfinished business to take care off. This road movish kind of picture is pretty crap, but for norwegians - and danish? - the Faroe dialect/language is funny enough to make the suffering less intense as you watch it. I guess if you're ever going to watch one Faroe Island picture, this might be as good as it gets. We sure didn't hang around to wait for another Faroe Island movie.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.296s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb