Galway and Inis Mor Aran Islands


Advertisement
Europe
October 12th 2008
Published: October 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sunset on the BeachSunset on the BeachSunset on the Beach

Inis Mor sunset.
James just got a job at Smyths Toys for Christmas so we took a weekend trip to Galway and the Aran Islands because we won't have much time once he starts working. On Friday in Galway it poured all day, we walked around the city for a bit, but our feet were soaked so we went to a movie. The next morning we caught the ferry to Inis Mor the largest of the Aran Islands, 14km long. The weather was sunny and pretty warm. We rented bikes and rode around the island, along the coast, and then up to the highest point and through the central part of the island. There were so many stone walls, and lots of animals, but no sheep despite all the Aran sweaters. We got a little lost and rode on a very small road, boreen, and just made it back to the rental shop with minutes to spare. We went to the pub for dinner and a pint and then walked home enjoying the smell of peat along the way.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Cliffs at Fort AngusCliffs at Fort Angus
Cliffs at Fort Angus

You could walk right to the edge and look over, or lay on your stomach an stick your head over the edge.
Horse Horse
Horse

We saw so many farm animals that day, I was very happy.
Goat  on a WallGoat  on a Wall
Goat on a Wall

This goat was just standing on the wall.


Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb