UK & Ireland


Advertisement
Europe
August 3rd 2008
Published: August 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

I traveled to London in the beginning of July. I met up with Christine on a rainy day in London at the hostel in the morning. I was sleepy from an overnight flight, but we explored the huge, crazy city! We saw the Tower Bridge, Tower of London, St. paul's cathedral, London Eye, House of Parlimen, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham palace. We hopped on and off the bus to get around. At the end of the day, we were cold and wet! We took a subway\train to get to our host's place. We ate and chatted for a while, then I went to bed! Slept so well! The next day, we went to Bath and Stonehendge! It was interesting! Bath was a small city and pretty! However, a lot of tourists were there. The Stonehenge was smaller than I expected, but really cool! No one still know why it was built! We spent a few days in England. I think it was not enough cause there was too much to see! Christine and I left for Belfast, Northern Ireland after our visit in England. When we arrived in Belfast, everything was closed because of their holiday; very strange. We met up with our couchsurf host and he took us to his place. Christine and I decided to just walk around and go along the river. Like I said everything was closed, we decided to go back to Bruno, our CS host, and relax. When Bruno got home, he cooked us a dinner and we chatted all night. We spent a couple nights in Belfast. Then we went to Dublin via train. We stayed with brazilian guys. They were soo friendly and cool. We took a couple shots then went out to the river and the pubs in the Temple Bar area. We took a bunch of silly pictures and had a great time. The next day in Dublin, I explored the city, went on the Dublin Tour Bus. I saw the castle, St. Patrick's church and the Guinness factory. The day after that a couple Brazilian guys, Christine and I went on a roadtrip to Galway and mother of the cliffs on the west coast of Ireland. We all had a blast! Galway was a small city, but pretty cool place to visit. The cliffs were so pretty. However, it was very windy and cold! I had to wear a sweatshirt and borrowed one of the guys' cold! We spent a few hours taking pictures and enjoying the beautiful sight. We got back in Dublin really late at the night. I went right to sleep and had to leave in the morning to meet up with Shane in Belfast. That night, Shane and I went to a few pubs and a club. We talked a lot and caught up on our stories and had great conversations. On Friday, we went out again to the bars and a club. We danced all night. Then we spent the night at his sister's. The next day, we went to his home which is about 1 hour south of belfast. I met his parents, brother and sisters. the country side was so pretty. that evening, his friends came over and we started drinking before we went out to a nice club. we had way too much fun. on Sunday that weekend, we went to a championship football (soccer) game. We all started drinking in the morning, partied in the street, went to the game and partied in the street again. later that night, Shane's dad came and picked us up and took us back to Belfast. I left for Budapest the next morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Galway01 148Galway01 148
Galway01 148

stonehendge!
Galway01 204Galway01 204
Galway01 204

The Brazilian guys!
Galway01 213Galway01 213
Galway01 213

temple bar
Galway01 281Galway01 281
Galway01 281

roadtrip to the west coast
Galway01 289Galway01 289
Galway01 289

christine and I in Galway
Galway01 292Galway01 292
Galway01 292

the group in galway


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0789s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb