Florence to Nice


Advertisement
Europe
August 4th 2007
Published: June 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

TowerTowerTower

Just the tower.
Another late night…Another early morning…And another long day on the coach! We spent nearly 8 hours riding in the coach. The music was pretty low key today, as I think Paul was struggling just as much (if not more) than we were!

Anyway, we made an hour-long stop at Pisa so we could all see the infamous “leaning tower.” It was very cool to see it…and it’s supposedly going to fall down. Paul was saying it is not that it’s constructed poorly, the poor foundation is why it’s falling. We all took our tourist pictures holding up the tower, then we hopped back on the bus.

After Pisa, we drove until we reached the gorgeous town of Nice (pronounced niece). Upon our arrival, George and I found a corner pub and enjoyed a beer. We sat outside, enjoyed the weather, and watched the colorful people walk by us. We decided that our hotel is in a pretty dodgey area.

Dinner was at the hotel tonight. It was pretty good, surprisingly! After dinner, a few of us went for a walk. This place is absolutely gorgeous! There is a huge port here with some amazing looking boats. It’s beautiful.
See it?See it?See it?

Check out the crooked building in the back!
The water is an amazing shade of blue, and the beaches are made of rock, not sand! I’m talking big rocks, not little pebbles. It’s definitely different! The houses and hotels decorate the sides of the hills, and the beautiful yachts line the port. There is live music everywhere, and coffee shops and restaurants make the square a very social place with a great atmosphere. It’s the type of place you just want to sit back and drink in everything around you. Everything is so relaxed and high class. While we were on our walk, we saw a candy cart. It was so cute- tons of different types of candy all on this wooden cart that you could purchase straight off of it. I really enjoy seeing the different types of candy and seeing how they vary from ours.

We took our time getting back to Wayne’s Bar. Most people were smashed by the time we arrived. We sat out on the terrace all night, and just watched all of the beautiful people walk down the street. The people here are absolutely beautiful. Every other person who walks by looks like a freaking supermodel! I’ve never seen so many
It's fallingIt's fallingIt's falling

Good thing I'm holding it up!
gorgeous women. Anyway, the bar was cute, but I didn’t get into the wasty face mode and just sat outside with TM Paul and a few others. James, George, Ali, Paul, Thierry, and I left together and went to a different bar. There was a pretty good band playing there. We stayed there for a few drinks, and eventually headed home.

The walk home was pretty entertaining. The four of us were heading back to the hotel and took a detour to walk on the beach a bit. We really wanted to get in the water, so we just kind of got our feet wet. While that was happening, a voice down the beach asks me where I’m from. I say the states, and when asked, I tell the girl I’m from Illinois. It just so happened that she was from Illinois too! She had gone to Illinois Wesleyan, and her friend had gone to ISU. It was quite the coincidence! I chatted with them for a bit, then went down to tell the story to James, George, and Ali. We were all wandering around the streets, walking back to our hotel when Ali started talking about how she
HaHaHa

He wins!
wasn’t comfortable and wanted us to walk faster. I was like, we’re OK, there are four of us….two guys included. George was egging her on and says “What’s the worst that could happen, we get shot?” She was like “I don’t think you’re very funny. You’re not respecting my thoughts.” I was glad that we were walking behind them because I was laughing so hard!

Anyway, we made it back by 3:30 and Ali went to her room, and George, James, and I went to George’s room and attacked a sleeping Rios. It was a pretty entertaining end to the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

SceneryScenery
Scenery

Those are all sunflowers!


Tot: 0.261s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb