Backpacking Around the World in Winter


Advertisement
Europe
January 14th 2008
Published: January 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

NOTE: This is a compilation of the dispatches from our son Ned as he and his girlfriend are backpacking around the world in the dead of Winter.

TRIP OVERVIEW
January 7, 2008

This will be the first of hopefully many updates on my whirlwind trip across Europe, into Russia, down to Mongolia, thru China into Tibet and Nepal, and a just added leaving from Delhi, India.

I am currently at Anna's house in Ohio and slowly packing what I think we might need...who really knows what that will be.

Our first leg will be a greyhound to Chicago on Tues and an overnight flight to London. From there we will take a ferry to Denmark, then to Oslo, Norway. We are going to meet a friend, Seth (those from Talkeetna know him), 3.5 hours west of Oslo. He has started an ice climbing company there and invited us to go climbing with him and stay there with him and his girlfriend....my first ice climbing experience!!!

We will then continue further north to the tip of Sweden and the ice hotel for a day or two ( TravelBlog - wow!)

Then we will make our way into Russia and the trans-Siberian train all the way across to the coast and Vladivostok.....will send updates as frequent as I can find a computer....

I will be checking email so please keep me updated on your lives or adventures.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 9; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb