Santorini and Athens Acropolis


Advertisement
Europe
October 19th 2007
Published: October 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

SantoriniSantoriniSantorini

Santorini Island
On the Island of Santorini we adventured into King Thiras ancient city by quad right to the top of King Thiras mountain, swam in the unique volcanic beaches and explored the beautiful chappels. Santorini was quite a big island, Brendan found that out when we were trying to make our way to King Thira's ruins we had somehow managed to get lost (on an island - who would have thought!). We stayed on the island for 4 days before heading back to Athens to check out the Acropolis in particular the Parthenenon - belonging to Athena the Goddess of Wisdom. This building was errected in B.C 438 and was huge in size and one of the only temples that was injured very little after times of war and insurrection and revolutions in religion. After marvelling in the glory of Acropolis it was time for the journey home.

Till next time, thanks for tuning in to the adventures of our holiday. Can't wait till the next one!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

King Thiras Ancient CityKing Thiras Ancient City
King Thiras Ancient City

The view of Santorini from the top of King Thira's mountain.
BrendanBrendan
Brendan

Brendan's off the Pizza blowouts and over to the Greek Burger benders.
Happy trainHappy train
Happy train

Brendan on "Happy Train" our Athens mode of transport. Does he look happy?......
Sounion - Temple of PoseidonSounion - Temple of Poseidon
Sounion - Temple of Poseidon

Cape Sounion - inside remaining Temple of Poseidon overlooking Athens City.
ParthenonParthenon
Parthenon

The Parthenon - 200 feet long 100 feet wide and 66 feet high - build of solid white marble more than 2000 years ago.


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb