See Rome in a day or DIE trying


Advertisement
Europe
May 3rd 2007
Published: May 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we are in Rome with Angelica, Patricia and Luca, our tour guides for the day. Our first stop was the Vatican to see the Sistine Chapel. I'm not sure what I expected, but it wasn't what we saw. The tours of the Vatican had been closed for several days, so there was a back log of people to take the tour. We got right in because our tour was previously booked, but once we entered, it was wall to wall people every square inch. Much worse than the busiest ride a Disneyland. I'm talking wall to wall...everywhere, one continuous moving mass. From there we went to St Peter's Basilica....somewhat less crowded. Lots of amazing sculptures. From there to a tour sponsored gift shop across from St. Peters. Lunch was included at a very nice restaurant, the usual fare....pasta, potatoes, and chicken...with coffee to finish that smelled like motor oil. I was at least expecting it to smell wonderful, but it smelled like day old grounds. Enough with the complaining.....it was hysterical to see the Romans drive and park....wherever they wanted to. Double park? No problem, they will only be gone a little while. We also went to the Colliseum (sp?)....it was amazing.
Only seven more days.....yes we've started counting..... who's going to make the bed, cook and do the laundry when we get home?
See you soon......Donna & Clyde

Advertisement



Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb