List of Travel Ideas for Couples to have Lovely Vacations All over Again


Advertisement
Europe
October 20th 2023
Published: October 20th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Having travel ideas for vacations with your partner should be memorable whether you're celebrating an anniversary, going on your honeymoon, or just taking a break from everyday life. You shouldn't settle for anything less than a weekend away to recharge and enjoy some alone time with your loved one.

Listed below are nine of the most romantic locations on Earth, from remote islands like Bora Bora to bustling metropolises like Savannah, Georgia. (You may share this with your significant other.)

Bora Bora

Bora Bora, the largest and most spectacular French Polynesian islands, is a visual feast with its powdery white sands, verdant woods, and crystal-clear blue lagoons. The island is barely six miles long. But it features two volcanic craters, a turquoise lagoon with a sandy bottom.

Matira Beach is often considered among the world's most beautiful beaches. Most of the island's five-star hotels are glass-bottom bungalows above the clear waters. The natural phenomenon is priceless, regardless of whether you are staying in a luxury hotel.

City of Paris, France

They may call it the City of Light, but we prefer to consider it the City of Love. It's not unusual to see couples holding hands or kissing under the Eiffel Tower or along the Seine. And there's no shortage of romantic, high-end restaurants to toast a special occasion in.

Although hotels in Paris tend to be on the pricey side, there are plenty of stylish options for two that are perfect for a romantic getaway.

Santorini, Greece

The most beautiful islands in Greece will make you fall in love with them all over again. Stay in one of the many luxurious villas with an ocean view and watch the sunset over the horizon while you dine by candlelight.

With its whitewashed homes and blue-domed churches, the hillside hamlet of Oia is Santorini's most famous (and most Instagrammed) destination.

Savannah, GA

Savannah's Victorian homes, oak-lined alleys, and quaint inns make it one of the most charming American cities. Forsyth Park. It has French-inspired architecture and Spanish moss-covered trees. This is the perfect place for a romantic stroll. And the picturesque beach town of Tybee Island is only 30 minutes away.

With its best-in-the-South coffee at Bowerbird, best-in-the-South brunch at Collins Quarter, and best-in-the-South dinner at Husk, Savannah is quickly becoming a popular alternative to Charleston as a romantic weekend destination.

Venetian Lagoon

Venice's romantic atmosphere stems from the city's historic architecture, narrow streets, and outdoor cafes. While the Palazzo Ducale and Basilica di San Marco are undeniably impressive, the true magic of Venice lies in its little alleyways.

Wander the winding alleyways of the city on the water while sipping Aperol spritzes and taking in a performance at the opera. Also, it would help if you didn't leave Venice without riding on a gondola.

Bordeaux

There is no better spot in the world to enjoy fine dining. French wine country is known for its Michelin-starred restaurants serving up regional specialties. This includes with beef in bordelaise sauce and oysters.

However, Bordeaux is more than just a food destination. Visit the tallest dune in Europe, the Dune of Pilat. You can have it after a guided bike tour through the vineyards and picturesque streets of the city, and then return to your original plan of eating and drinking wine.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0202s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb