4 Fantastic Venice Attractions You Will Remember Forever


Advertisement
Europe
April 17th 2019
Published: April 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post



The capital of Northern Italy's Veneto Region, Venice is one of the best-known and most breathtaking cities in all of Europe. When we think of Venice, we inevitably think of gondolas and meandering waterways. It is a truly fascinating and utterly unique metropolis. It also has a rich history. Did you know that Venice was one of Europe's most powerful cities in the Middle Ages and the Italian Renaissance? If you're hoping to see cultural attractions and art, Venice is the place for you.

Rent an inexpensive car to drive to Venice from the airport. Once you get there, though, cars are obviously not allowed! Remember that Venice consists of numerous tiny islands connected by bridges. They have networks of canals between them. Visitors to Venice make their way around by riding in a gondola!

Let's discuss some of Venice's most popular attractions!

St. Mark's Square




St. Mark's Square is a world-famous square and certainly the most important in Venice. This square is situated on the city's grand canal. It faces the island of San Giorgio Maggiore. There are many ornate buildings around this piazza that will certainly impress you. Additionally, there are a number of significant buildings in the square including, for example, Doge's Palace, Torre dell'Orologio, St. Mark's Basilica, and St. Mark's Campanile. Many visitors to Venice begin their adventures with a visit to St. Mark's Square.

St. Mark's Basilica




St. Mark's Basilica is Venice's most famous building. This incredible basilica is a sight that you'll never forget. Built centuries ago in 1092, St. Mark's Basilica is among Northern Italy's most prominent religious buildings. When you arrive at the church, you will stare at the façade in awe, and when you go inside, you will enjoy the sight of Byzantine works of art and painted frescos. As mentioned earlier, St. Mark's Basilica is found in St. Mark's Square (the Piazza San Marco). You can easily get to this landmark from Venice's grand canal.

Gallerie dell'Accademia




The Gallerie dell'Accademia is a museum boasting a wonderful collection of art from before the 19th century. You'll find the works of artists such as Titian, Canaletto, and Bellini. Make sure to set aside enough time in your Venice Itinerary to explore this incredible art museum.

San Marco Campanile




San Marco Campanile is Venice's tallest landmark at 98.6 meters in height. The San Marco Campnaile that exists today is a reconstruction of the original, which fell down in the early 20th century. The original tower was built in the 9th century, as a watch tower. The San Marco Campanile has a design of red brick, with a pinnacle and housing for the bell boasting many lovely arches and examples of intricate stonework.

Enjoy an Enchanting Venice Vacation!



Are you looking forward to your time in Venice? We know you must be. Venice is a jewel of a city, so unique that you'll never see anything else like it in your life. We hope you have an incredible time!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.617s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.2018s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb