6 Wonderful Munich Attractions You Will Definitely Want to Visit


Advertisement
Europe
April 17th 2019
Published: April 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post



The capital of Bavaria, Munich offers splendid churches and museums that you'll be eager to see. This city is culturally rich and of great historical significance. Are you thinking about traveling to Munich soon? If so, make sure to visit all the wonderful tourist attractions we list below. You'll also want to rent a car (check the rates on Kemwel.com for the best deal) so that you have the best in mobility and flexibility.

Munich Residenz




The Munich Residenz was built in the 14th century as a royal castle. It is situated on the city's northern edge. Over the centuries, the castle was further developed and is now a spectacular palace with 130 rooms and ten courtyards. You'll find that the palace combines several different architectural and design styles, including Renaissance, Rococo, Baroque, and Neoclassical. If possible, enjoy several visits to this well-known spot. This will probably be necessary to see and appreciate everything (including the art) that the palace has to offer. Make sure that you see the Italian Renaissance Grotto Courtyard, as well as the Baroque Ancestral Gallery and Antiquarium Banquet Hall.

Deutsches Museum




The Deutsches Museum is another spot you simply must visit while in Munich. You should set aside an entire day on your itinerary for this fantastic local attraction. The Deutsches Museum is situated on an island in the Isar. It is devoted to the growth of science and technology in Germany. The museum's galleries features exhibits on topics such as astronomy, hydraulic engineering, aerospace, and nanotechnology. You'll enjoy the interactive exhibits that you'll find in this great local museum. If you will be traveling with kids, make sure to look out for the kids' zone.

Neues Rathaus




The Neus Rathaus is Munich's town hall. It is built in the Gothic Revival style. You'll discover an elaborate and decorative façade, which includes statues depicting the first four kings of Bavaria. Inside the building, there are 400 rooms.

Asam Church




Asam Church is located in the southern part of old Munich. It is built in the Late Baroque style. The church was named in honor of its designers, the brothers Asam, who lived in the 18th century. Inside the church are beautiful ceiling frescos and impressive stuccowork.

Bavarian National Museum




The Bavarian National Museum features at least 40 rooms displaying decorative items that date from between antiquity to the beginning of the 20th century. You'll discover exhibits with porcelain, armour, weapons, oil paintings, clocks, furniture, and musical instruments. Make sure to see the Bollert Collection. You'll probably want to devote a whole day to exploring this impressive museum.

Hellabrunn Zoo




Hellabrunn Zoo is found on 40 hectares in the southern part of Munich. It is one of the most popular zoos in Europe. Hellabrunn Zoo was founded in 1911. It was among the first zoos to use ditches and moats as barriers rather than cages. This zoo has about 760 animal species.

You'll have a Memorable Stay in Munich!



There are certainly many exciting things to do in Munich and you're sure to have a wonderful time. Make sure to take lots of pictures!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb