7 Fun Things to Do During Your Stay in Eindhoven


Advertisement
Europe
April 17th 2019
Published: April 17th 2019
Edit Blog Post



Eindhoven is a vibrant city with a lot to offer in its nightlife and arts and culture scene. There are many restaurants, bars, and shops for you to enjoy, and the city prides itself on its focus on great design. In fact, Eindhoven is the design capital of the world during Dutch Design Week. If you're planning on spending time in Eindhoven, make sure to rent a car so you can enjoy not only the many attractions within the city but also outside of it in other cities nearby.

Let's discuss some of the attractions that await you within and nearby Eindhoven!

The Van Abbemuseum




The Van Abbemuseum is one of the best-known museums of modern and contemporary art in Europe. It is found in the Stratumseind district of the city. The museum has a collection featuring work by artists as famous as Picasso, Kandinsky, Appel, and Chagall. This museum has more than 2,700 works of art, including about 700 paintings as well as 1,000 sculptures and video pieces. Don't miss out on visiting and exploring this fantastic cultural attraction while you're in the city.

The Stratumseind (or "Stratum")




The Stratumseind (often referred to as the Stratum) is Holland's most extensive "nightlife street." The street stretches 225 meters and boasts 54 restaurants and cafes. Around 25,000 people visit this street each week. Make sure you go to see the "brown pubs at Wilhelminaplein, where you can dance in the evening or relax on a terrace during the day.

Eindhoven Museum




Eindhoven Museum is found near Genneper Park in the southern part of the city. This museum is set in the open air. Its focus is the iron age and medieval times. It will educate you on day-to-day life during these historic eras.

Glow Eindhoven




Glow Eindhoven is an annual festival that you'll want to see and enjoy if you're in the city when it's held. Glow Eindhoven features the work of numerous international light artists. You'll be enchanted by the wide array of gorgeous light installations that are found all around the city during the festival.

Helmond




Make sure to take your Holland car rental on a day trip to Helmond while you're in Eindhoven. It's just around half an hour away. There are many great restaurants and historic spots here for you to enjoy.

Den Bosch




Den Bosch is a city only about half an hour away from Eindhoven. This city is a great spot for a day trip, with many restaurants and historic buildings for you to admire and learn about.

Amsterdam




You absolutely must set aside some time to visit the fabulous and famous city of Amsterdam while you're in Eindhoven. It is located only around an hour's drive away. As we all know, Amsterdam is an exciting cosmopolitan city. We can't imagine leaving Holland without seeing and exploring it!

Have a Great Time in Eindhoven!



We hope you have a wonderful time in Eindhoven and the surrounding area. Make sure to include all or some of the attractions we've listed above on your itinerary.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.953s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb