Spain Day 41


Advertisement
Europe
February 4th 2019
Published: February 4th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Turns out the "music" echoing across the campsite wasn't from the staff quarters. In fact, not from on-site at all - might even have been from the other side of the main road. And it went on til about 23.15.
Still, we slept well enough once it stopped.
Made sure the water was topped up and the waste emptied before we checked out at 10.45, as we're expecting our next couple of nights to be off-grid. So between the site and the motorway we also topped up with diesel, gas and groceries (and grabbed some lunch at the Carrefour snack bar).
Once past Barcelona, we looked along the coast at some of the spots suggested on Park4Night. The first two were basically on-street parking, which we never like for overnight. The third only seemed accessible via a 2.2m high underpass (must have a word with the satnav about height).
Finally stopped at a little free car park near Sant Pol, between Canet de Mar and Calella. Road and railway a bit close, but not enough to be a problem. Main purpose of the place seems to be for people using the beach in summer, via a tiny underpass.
Decided that we won't take two more hops to reach the border - we're ready to be back in our beloved France, so we're aiming to get there tomorrow now.
85km today, making 2597.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb