A day on the High Seas


Advertisement
Europe
September 26th 2018
Published: September 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

After a night of having our cradles rocked by a maniacal Mother Nature we went to La Terraza for our usual breakfast, walking like a couple of drunk people. After brekky we decided to go to the enrichment lecture on the Vikings - Tom wasn’t terribly enriched, he slept through most of it. We returned to our suite for Tom to continue napping. I borrowed a new digital Marian Keyes book from Penrith library and did a spot of reading. We decided to skip lunch today and go to afternoon tea instead. Walking around on the ship today reminds me of that silly Coney Island walking feature at Luna park that’s uphill one minute and downhill the next and you lurch from place to place.

So, we spent the afternoon watching a die hard movie before going to afternoon tea. After tea we went down to trivia, where the two of us score the same as a group of 9 Americans (and there were no Aussie questions but 2 questions particular to America). After trivia we each had a martini that we took with us into an early show before dinner.

Today’s dress was not formal, not informal, but casual, but I still changed my top before dinner. We had salmon and spinach chowder, and then I had roasted chicken leg with fresh crayfish stuffing - Tom had sole. Then we bother had a mango sorbet followed by a mini (and I mean mini) pavlova. We had a French meunière with dinner (it’s usually paired with a Chardonnay for the making of champagne).

Tonight we had to put our clocks back an hour, so we get an extra hour of feeling like we’re in a washing machine. But it’s not as bad as the bit from England to Ireland.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.443s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 41; dbt: 0.2289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb