Another day in the crossing to Iceland


Advertisement
Iceland's flag
Europe » Iceland » Southwest » Reykjavík
September 27th 2018
Published: September 28th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We awoke refreshed after another night in the open sea. The weather last night had not been as rough as I‘d expected, and that’s what I told the captain when I saw him at breakfast in La Terrazza. It was just a night at sea, but he said the bad weather will arrive when we are at Reykjavik.

We thought it best to do the small bit of washing before we have to pack tomorrow, so I did that while Tom went to another enrichment lecture. After that we did some reading before it was time for the whisky and whiskey tasting down at the bar. We had a Bushmills Irish whiskey, Chivas Regal blended whisky and a Glenmorangie single malt whisky. They were the 3 that were planned, and then we had some Laphroig, Jameson‘s Irish whiskey, and then The Macallan. We enjoyed chatting to a man named Jack from Virginia who does trout fishing and Windsor chair making as his hobbies. He has trout fished on every continent! He particularly loves New Zealand for it but he hasn’t tried Tasmania. There’s a great Windsor chair maker down there so he thinks he will give it a try and visit the chair maker at the same time.

We returned to our suite via the watch sale, and bought a new Citizen watch each! It’s only five years since we bought our watches in Switzerland, but Tom had decided on this before the whisky tasting. I selected a lovely one with Swarovski crystals surrounding a mother of pearl face and it was half price! I later googled it and found it on the Citizen website still for full price!

We then had lunch in La Terrazza and returned to our cabin to rest until Tom went to another lecture and I read down in the bar, waiting for trivia at the end of the lecture.

After that we changed for dinner, and what a dinner it was! A small lobster risotto to start, followed by lightly char grilled king scallops (there were two, although only one is visible in the pic) and lobster tail, accompanied by Pommery champagne, and then crepes Suzette!! Bliss! During dinner we watched as Iceland came up on the horizon and by the time it was bedtime we were docking! No more nights at sea for this year. That’s sad.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.425s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb