Friday


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
April 14th 2017
Published: April 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The final day is upon us! Today we've all been doing the same activities and have been given the opportunity to bring all the skills that have been taught this week together. The smaller activity was ziplining across a river and there were lots of superman and dabbing poses as children got creative as they were hurtling through the air. The main activity, though, was a hill hike. Children were given a lesson in orienteering and shown a map of the local area and then they were driven to a drop point nearby. The teachers and instructors walked with them for a while to make sure that the group could actually orienteer and then the grown ups went back to the nice warm minibuses to wait for the children to complete the hike. It was about two hours of solo-hiking for the groups (they didn't realise that the teachers were strategically positioned in parking spaces where they could monitor the route or that half the instructors were stealth-hiking around them to be close if needed) and they have all come back with stories of grand adventures and extraordinary teamwork! They were most excited to find that North Wales is the natural habitat of a strange bird that lays foil-covered chocolate eggs in a weird, egg hunt style pattern.

Tonight promises to be super busy for the teachers (lots of sorting out equipment, clothing and last minute admin) and a very fun one for the children (disco, slide show and a final night in their dorms)! Most children are excited to be coming home but, just be warned, some of them are trying to bargain with the instructors to live at RYG full time!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb