Travel


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
February 20th 2017
Published: February 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Sporta is an iOS sports reminder app where a user receives pre-selected reminders for UK football matches that they selected.



The idea of a sports reminder app such as Sporta started off a few years ago when I was living abroad and missing boxing matches and international rugby matches. I looked for a sports reminder app that could remind me of when these fixtures were occurring so that I wouldn’t miss them but I couldn’t find anything.

There were some sports reminder apps but would only alert the user when the match was starting which would have been too late for someone like me who wanted a reminder in advance of when the fixture was starting.

There were also some sports reminder apps that a user could set a reminder in advance but the user had to select every single fixture that they wanted reminding about which seemed to be a hassle for the user.



I therefore came upon the idea of creating a sports reminder app where you could just select your team(s) and then what reminders you wanted. The great thing about this sports reminder app is that it is very simple to use and once you have selected your teams and what reminder(s) you want (1 week, 2 days, 1 day, 2 hours, 1 hour, 15 minutes & 5 minutes) you can then forget about the app and it will send you pop up notifications of reminders for when those football matches will start.



At present Sporta covers UK football:

England, English Premier & Championship leagues, Scotland & Scottish Premiership league, Wales & Rep of Ireland.



In future the app will cover more football like European teams and more sports such as Rugby, Cricket, etc.






Sporta is a sports reminder app that is available to download for free on the App store now!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0349s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb