Wales


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom
October 3rd 2006
Published: October 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Out of the United Kingdom, Wales definatly has to be my favorite country! THe whole country is magnificent and the ocean and mountains are visible whereever you go. The people in Wales are absolutly fantastic and a good chat awaits you with anyone on the street.
Our gropu had but one day in Wales and it was mostly spent inside the Great Orme Copper mines. The mines are close to the coast and accessible by a trolley like car that pulls you up a small mountain to the entrance. The wind that day was insanly powerful and I literally thought I was to be blown over on the top but we quickly seeked refugee in the mines below. It was a facinating tour that lead us into deep tunnnes and chasms to see where children as young as five worked extracting copper. Then the results were carried back down the mountain into town.
We stopped at a castle right by the ocean named Beaumuris. It had a splendid array of death traps all the way up the top which I found fascinating at the time!
We had the pleasure of meeting a old man while waiting for a bus to take us on to Scotland. He talked about the queen and his intense love for Britain, which I was suprised to hear. He also wanted to know the results of a new Buffy the Vampire episode, since apparently some American channels had vry recently migrated across the Atlantic.
Altogether

Advertisement



Tot: 0.472s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb